Temporary Lane Closures on North Road
Between Austin Avenue and Foster Avenue
As part of construction for the Evergreen Line, there will be temporary lane closures on North Road, between Austin Avenue and Foster Avenue, starting the week of October 28 and continuing for approximately four months, to enable crews to safely construct columns for the elevated guideway on North Road.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Construction crews will be working Monday to Saturday, between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. Lane closures will vary from day-to-day as work advances. These lane closures are part of an effort to reduce night-time construction activity, but some intermittent night-time work may be required. Residents and businesses will be notified in advance of extended night-time work.
- There will be temporary parking restrictions on North Road immediately adjacent to the active work zones. Please watch for signs that will include the dates and times when parking restrictions are in effect.
- In November, crews will be working on North Road between Cochrane Avenue and Cameron Street. Left turn movements from North Road northbound on to Cochrane Avenue and Cameron Street will be maintained as much as possible while construction is underway.
- Access to businesses will be maintained at all times. Business access signs will be installed so that entrances to businesses are clearly marked.
- For the safety of all pedestrians and workers, drivers are asked to watch for construction signs and traffic control personnel, drive with caution, and obey posted construction speed limits while construction is underway.
- Nearby business owners and residents can expect to see daytime construction activities with some related noise from excavation, material hauling, and the use of heavy machinery.
A key goal of the Evergreen Line Rapid Transit Project is to minimize construction-related disruption and maximize traffic flow and predictability during construction activities.
Courtesy EGRT Construction