You've likely heard of the term "curb appeal"...
It refers to the initial impression buyers get when they first see your property from the street. If the impression is a good one, it sets the right tone for the rest of the home viewing and can even get you more money on the sale of your home!
Here are some proven ideas and simple solutions that you can do to your home to help with the first impressions!
• Sweep the walkway leading up to the front entrance. Add a new welcome mat and a flower pot. Also, wash down the front door.
• Wash both the inside and outside of the front windows. You'll be amazed at the difference that can make.
• If possible, remove cars from the driveway. Let buyers imagine their own cars parked there!
• Mow the lawn. Lightly trim the hedges. Weed flower beds.
• Remove anything from inside window sills that may look unsightly from the outside. Try putting a couple of flowering plants there instead.
• Place any trash bins out-of-sight. For example, put them in the garage or neatly at the side of the house.
• If the entrance door hardware is old and worn, change it. New hardware can make a bigger difference than you might think.
• Make sure the outdoor lights are working, especially if you're showing your home in the evening.
• Add some flowering plants to flower beds, or buy a couple of portable potted plants and place them strategically.
• If you have a power washer, give the walkway, driveway or stair rail a quick blast!
These simple improvements may seem minor, but anything that helps buyers form a more positive first impression of your home is worth the effort!
If you would like more ideas, please feel free to contact me! I'm always here to help!