How a Home Inspection Helps You!
Whether you're considering buying a particular home, selling your current property – or both – a home inspection can help!
A home inspection is an inspection by a qualified professional who takes a close look at every aspect of a home – structure, wiring, plumbing, and more – and identifies issues you may not have noticed yourself. For example, a home inspection can reveal that a furnace will need to be replaced soon, or that there is a water leak into the basement that needs to be fixed.
You'll definitely want to get a professional home inspection before you buy a particular property. That's why most offers to purchase a home are conditional upon passing a home inspection. (The last thing you want is to buy your dream home only to discover that the wiring needs to be updated!) You may also want to get a home inspection on your own home before you list it for sale. A certificate from a qualified professional that states that your
home passed inspection will make your property more attractive to buyers. Many reputable home inspectors are members of a professional industry association.
• Canada Association of Home & Property Inspectors. (http://www.cahpi.ca)
• Professional Home and Property Inspectors of Canada. (http://www.phpic.ca)
• National Home Inspectors Certification Council. (http://www.nationalhomeinspector.org)
In the U.S.
• American Society of Home Inspectors. (http://www.ashi.org)
• National Association of Home Inspectors. (http://www.nahi.org)
• American Institute of Inspectors. (http://www.inspection.org)
It's important to note that certification or licensing is not a requirement in many jurisdictions. So select a home inspector carefully.
If you need to find a reputable home inspector, please give me a call!