Getting the most from an Open House
Posted in: open house, real estate, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, listing a house, buying a home
Have you ever attended an Open House advertised in your area or in a
community you like? Most people have. Even if you're not serious about moving. Viewing a few properties in a neighbourhood you like
is a great wayto get a sense of the market.
Who knows? You might stumble upon your next dream home!
To get the most out of an open house, follow these guidelines:
• Most open houses will have a handout available containing the list
price and other property information. Be sure to keep a copy.
• Don't just view the rooms. Explore the entire property, including the
• Don't be shy about asking the listing agent (or whoever is hosting the
open house) questions about the property.
• Ask about the area. Are there schools nearby? Where is the nearest
park or playground located?
• Ask about potential required repairs and renovations. For example, if
the furnace is more than 15 years old, it may need to be replaced
• Walk around the neighbourhood. Try to get a sense of what it's like tolive there. If possible, chat with a neighbour. Finally, if you become interested in the home, be sure to advise the listing agent that your own REALTOR® will be following up. Otherwise, the listing agent might assume that he or she will be representing you.
If you're looking for a good REALTOR® to have on your side, don't hesitate to give me a call!