NIGHTTIME UTILITY RELOCATION WORK @ PINETREE & GUILDFORD!
As part of construction for the Evergreen Line, there will be some intermittent nighttime utility relocation and traffic signal work at the intersection of Pinetree Way and Guildford Way starting the week of January 20. This work is required prior to the construction of the elevated guideway and the Lafarge Lake-Douglas Station.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Nighttime work is required due to high volumes of daytime traffic on Pinetree Way and Guildford Way.
- In addition to nighttime utility relocation work, crews will be modifying the existing traffic signals at the intersection of Pinetree Way and Guildford Way prior to the construction of the elevated guideway.
- This work will take place from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday to Saturday intermittently for approximately three weeks. Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disruptions.
- Nighttime noise related to saw cutting and the use of heavy machinery should be expected as part of this work.
- Drivers are advised that there will be lane closures on Pinetree Way and Guildford Way while this work is underway. When lane closures are in effect, please watch for construction signs, drive with caution, and obey traffic control personnel.
- For the safety of all pedestrians, please follow traffic control personnel and posted signs while construction is underway.
A key goal of the Evergreen Line Rapid Transit Project is to minimize construction-related disruption and maximize traffic flow and predictability during construction activities.
To contact EGRT Construction, the contractor who is building the Evergreen Line, please call 604-927-2080, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you have comments or questions about the Evergreen Line, please call the Evergreen Line Project Office at (604) 927-4452 or email email@example.com.
Courtesy EGRT Construction