I'm excited for the Evergreen Line to come to the tri-cities! Completion is scheduled for the summer of 2016! Below are some of the benefits to the Evergreeen Line coming to the tri-cities!
Provide fast, frequent and convenient rapid transit from Coquitlam to Vancouver via Port Moody and Burnaby
- Provide rapid transit for the communities of Burnaby, Coquitlam and Port Moody
Improve the transportation network throughout Metro Vancouver
- Integrate travel modes and provide connectivity to the wider transit network
- Seamlessly connect with the current SkyTrain network
Increase transportation choice
- Support a reduction in auto use by providing an alternative to single occupancy vehicles
- Increase transit integration
- Increase transit capacity in the Northeast sector
- Ensure speed and reliability of the system
Support growth management
- Support municipal growth management targets established by Metro Vancouver's Regional Growth Strategy
- Contribute to community building by stimulating future concentrated and mixed-use development
- Support existing development and provide support for a positive business environment
Support environmental sustainability initiatives
- Support provincial environmental goals by reducing regional car trips
- Meet regional and local environmental objectives to preserve green space
- Encourage pedestrian traffic along corridor
TRAFFIC UPDATES CAN BE VIEWED BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW OR BY CALLING 604-927-2080!
Check out the newest updates to the Evergreen Line here!